Friday, February 17, 2006

I actually did work tonight.. believe it or not



I had an interesting few days. Wednesday I went to the gym when I got out of KKIQ, then went to Pac N Save and picked up more food. Manny eats like no tommorrow, so I have to stock up on food a lot. LOL. Later that evening I got called into KDFC again, Dane was still sick. I decided to drive to SF, since I had to leave there at 11pm and be in Pleasanton by 12. I got to the city by 6:40, but it took 30 minutes to find stinkin parking. I was 15 min late for work. I don't know if anyone knew or cared, but oh well. Not much I could do. I left work around 10:45ish and got to KKIQ by about 11:30. Not too bad. When I got there I discovered the music log and an adapter for my headphones were missing. I asked Trish Bell (For Lovers Only host) if she knew where it was and she was no help. (She's a natural blonde, FYI) Anyway I had to scroll ahead on RCS to find my billboard artists, and I borrowed some other guy's headphones for my shift. Then I went home and was in bed by 5:30. Allelujah.

Thursday I woke up around 3pm after over 9 hours of sleep. I felt pretty damn good. I don't mind working so many psycho hours if I get enough sleep in between. I took a nice hot shower and got ready for my day. Went to Chabot, and did my show. I was teaching Liana our new PSA director how to use stuff in the on-air studio. We had lots of fun. She's funny as hell. I like her. Came home and watched WWE Raw, then went to work here.

Around 12:30am the power went out here on Hegenberger Road. The lights flickered, everything outside and in the rest of the building went black. Our automation pooped out for the West Coast and a European feed. Long story short, lots of technical issues occured, people were woken up, some forced to come to work at 1am and fix things. For once I earned my $ 13.61 an hour this morning. After an over 3 hour fiasco (including writing a longass report and hunting down a witness to prove I checked the generator fuel), I can finally relax and do some blogging and websurfing. Well I gotta go check out Craigslist and then hop on Myspace. smell Ya'll later.. oh wait.. here's what I played on my show.

6:00p- 7:00pm
GoGos- Head Over Hells
Steve Winwood- Valerie
Duran Duran- Wildboys
Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney- Say Say Say
Indeep- Last Night A DJ Saved My Life
Foreigner- I've Been Waiting For A Girl Like You
Blondie- Rapture
Whitesnake- Here I Go Again
Jo Boxers- Just Got Lucky
Afrika Bambaata- Planet Rock
Brenda Russell- Piano In The Dark
Violent Femmes- Kiss Off

7:00-8:00pm
Fine Young Cannibals- She Drives Me Crazy
Gap Band- You Dropped The Bomb On Me
Journey- Don't Stop Believin
Billy Joel- Tell Her About It
Chaka Khan- I Feel For You
Heart- Alone
George Kranz- Din Din Da
Starship- Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
Joan Jett- Hate Myself For Loving You
Ready For the World- Let Me Love You Down

8:00-9:00pm
The Clash- Rock The Casbah
Wang Chung- City Of Angels
Lindsey Buckingham- Holiday Road
Altered Images- Happy Birthday
Huey Lewis And The News- Hip To Be Square
Glass Tiger- Someday
Bow Wow Wow- I Want Candy
Hall and Oates- Maneater

No comments: