Friday, March 31, 2006

Dental trip from hell!



The past few days have been rather interesting. I am preparing to leave for vacation on Sunday night, I probably won't post again until after I get back. I'll have plenty of pics, hopefully. :)

I got to go through the enduring ordeal of finally goin to the dentist on Thursday morning. Not a fun experience whatsoever. First of all, the orthodontist gave me the lovely news that my jaw is fucked up. I have to consult a special oral surgeon for that. (and it will probably cost $30,000). Second of all, I was supposed to be done by noon, tops. I left the place at fuckin 2! Arrgh!

That's not the worst part of going. They had to take all my x-rays twice, because my mouth is so small and the stupid film things wouldn't fit in my mouth properly. I hate having small objects rammed in my mouth by some scary-ass dental assistants. I FINALLY got to see the damn dentist, and he reinterated that fact that my teeth are jacked up. A lot. I poked around in my mouth for about 5 minutes, then told me I need two root canals, 4 extractions and like 17 fillings. YAY. The estimated cost?... 12,000 dollars. No that ain't a typo. I don't have an extra 12 grand lying around. Even if my work covers 80%, I dont have an extra 3 grand lying around. Guess I'll live with fucked up teeth until I get insurance.

Well, I hope I have tons of fun on vacation. I may be doing a day airshift at KKIQ in a few Sundays, wish me luck on that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Use Listerine after you brush, and if you don't have time to brush, use it in place of brushing. It helps a little at least.

I need a bunch of fillings, too, but have decided to ignore the problem unless/until it becomes a problem. If I get a toothache from the hole in my teeth, then I'll worry about it. Until then I'll just brush and use Listerine and floss the huge gap in my upper back teeth.

And now that Tom's of Maine is being sold to Colgate, I will be switching brands most likely. I hear Colgate had a good toothpaste.